Custom commercial vehicle engineering is the foundation on which we create solutions for your transportation challenges. The IVS engineering staff has decades of experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
We use advanced computer aided design/computer aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) software that produces 3-D views and converts designs to mathematical data to guide prototyping and production.
Here is our step-by-step engineering process:
- Defining Your Challenges – First, you describe the situation to an IVS professional engineer, providing details to help define the challenges your business faces and your vision of the ideal solution.
- Goals – We discuss specifications and constraints, such as geography, climate, financial, and special equipment, to establish a framework to compare possible solutions.
- Background Research – We consult our records, research professional literature, and investigate online resources to look for similar problems and solutions, and ways we can improve on them.
- Brainstorming – Our staff proposes a wide variety of creative ideas to solve your problems, including floor plan, serviceability, maintenance, operator ease of use, and safety.
- Analysis – Then we begin comparing and combining ideas and eliminating duplications using quantitative and qualitative analysis to gain further clarity.
- Develop and Test Models – We employ mathematical, 3-D and physical models and test them against project criteria for potential performance.
- Decision – The engineers and manufacturing staff evaluate and compare results to determine the best solution.
- Documentation and Specification – We document the results and specifications and share them with all parties.
- Implementation – Following final design revisions, we implement the plan and begin production.
- Evaluation – During and following production we continue to evaluate performance, document strengths and weaknesses, and find ways to make improvements.
Put Innovative Vehicle Solutions’ consultative approach custom commercial vehicle engineering capabilities to work solving your unique transportation challenges with a custom-tailored solution. Call us today at 1-844-WE-UPFIT (1-844-938-7348).