Website IVS International/El Kapitan
El Kapitan is blazing the trail in custom van modifications, collaborating to design, engineer, and implement innovative solutions based on each of our customers’ exploration needs and adventure aspirations. The inviting atmosphere at El Kapitan welcomes ideas and rewards great work, resulting in high employee retention, with many having been with us for over 20 years. Our team is comprised of deep technical and creative experience combined with high energy and enthusiasm; bringing fun and ingenuity to each project from conception to execution. Every member of El Kapitan has an important role, each being an integral piece of the transformation puzzle. From the inspired mind, to the one securing the final bolt, no one person is unessential. As one synchronous unit, we can make our customers’ transportation dreams a reality, transforming the desire of their heart into a mobile work of art.
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, the Upholstery Technician is responsible for using an assortment of material to cover wall panels, cabinetry, and other interior parts of custom vans. The Upholstery Technician will also be responsible for sewing headliners, window sills, and window coverings.
- Responsible to fabricate all interior items and assembling seating units for vehicle installation.
- The incumbent will demonstrate a high level of proficiency in and a meticulous work ethic in vehicle interiors, including the repair, modification, and refurbishment of vehicle seats, divans, sidewalls, flooring, overhead panels, and trim, including upholstery and re-upholstery of panels, liners, and sidewalls, to high degrees of finish quality and structural safety.
- Establish the highest quality of work performed on various interior items that meet Company standards and goals to meet or improve budgeted hours/schedules.
- Understand and work from blueprints as well as other written instructions and design specifications.
- Hand/Manually sew upholstery and/or operate sewing machines to seam cushions and join various ends of fabric.
- Demonstrate complex upholstery techniques (i.e. topstitch, piping, binding, decorative stitch).
- Consistently operate Multi-needle machine, leather stitching machine, piping or binding machine, Tacker or bar tack machinery with precision and accuracy.
- Foster a positive team environment and demonstrate a continual willingness to learn and serve a team member.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Consistent demonstration of several sewing and upholstery techniques.
- Ability to multi-task, this position is a very detailed oriented position
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools is required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- 2 Years of upholstery experience and 3 years of sewing experience (preferred).
El Kapitan offers all regular employees vacation accrual, sick time accrual & paid holidays (after a probationary period) and voluntary benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision coverages)
El Kapitan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws in the State of California.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you live in or around the Huntington Beach Area or are you willing to commute?
- What is your minimum starting hourly rate?
- Upholstery and Sewing: 1 year (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.