Website IVS International/El Kapitan
El Kapitan is blazing the trail in custom van modifications, collaborating to design, engineer, and implement innovative solutions based on each of our customers’ exploration needs and adventure aspirations. The inviting atmosphere at El Kapitan welcomes ideas and rewards great work, resulting in high employee retention, with many having been with us for over 20 years. Our team is comprised of deep technical and creative experience combined with high energy and enthusiasm; bringing fun and ingenuity to each project from conception to execution. Every member of El Kapitan has an important role, each being an integral piece of the transformation puzzle. From the inspired mind, to the one securing the final bolt, no one person is unessential. As one synchronous unit, we can make our customers’ transportation dreams a reality, transforming the desire of their heart into a mobile work of art.
The Installer, under the supervision of the Production Coordinator, installs, inspects, adjusts, repairs, and overhauls equipment and accessories on Recreational Vehicles (Custom Van conversions). This includes door panels, flooring, custom seating, shelving, windows, running boards, and various plumbing projects. The Fabricator/Installer III also performs quality control inspections.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the van conversion, vehicle up-fit, RV, or mechanic industry.
- Ability to install interior van components. This includes the ability to determine how parts should go together and using hand and/or power tools to make adjustments and/or assemble them.
- Knowledge and ability to use hand or power tools to assemble parts and various components.
- Ability to multitask, this position is a very detailed oriented.
- Strong work ethic, is punctual, and self-motivated.
- Has the ability to work alone and in teams.
- Has good communication skills.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- Possesses a valid CA Driver License, a good driving record, and is comfortable operating vans or trucks.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of related experience in a manufacturing/production facility in the general automotive or commercial vehicle industry.
- Plumbing experience.
- Related Experience: manufacturing, installation, construction, cabinetry, solar, etc.
El Kapitan offers all regular employees vacation accrual, sick time accrual & paid holidays (after a probationary period) and voluntary benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision coverages)
Additional Job Information:
- M – F: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Compensation is determined by experience and meeting the requirements listed above.
El Kapitan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws in the State of California.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $28.00 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.